In this episode of "Art & Cocktails," the show's host, Ekaterina Popova (Kat), takes us on a deep dive into the essential mindset shift of investing in your own growth as an artist. She shares her personal journey and explores the transformative power of recognizing your worth and taking bold steps to propel your art career forward.
- Valuing Your Growth: The first step in this journey is to shift your mindset and acknowledge the value of investing in yourself as an artist. It's about recognizing that your artistic development is a lifelong journey, and you are worth the investment.
- Overcoming Resistance and Self-Doubt: Many artists struggle with self-doubt when it comes to making financial investments in their studio practice and business. Kat encourages listeners to overcome this resistance and take the leap, emphasizing that the return on investment can be significant.
- The Impact of Quality Investments: Investing in quality materials, mentorship, coaching, and courses can have a profound impact on your artistic journey. It's not just about spending money; it's about strategically choosing investments that will enhance your skills and opportunities.
- Treating Yourself Like a Professional: Treating yourself like a professional artist or businessperson is crucial. When you invest in your growth, you signal to yourself and others that you take your craft seriously. This mindset shift can have a ripple effect on your career.
- The Peace of Mind from Professionals: Ekaterina shares her experiences with hiring professionals like accountants and the peace of mind it brings. Having experts handle certain aspects of your business allows you to focus on what you do best—creating art.
Ekaterina Popova's (Kat) thought-provoking episode guides us through the transformative journey of investing in our own growth as artists. She encourages us to break free from self-limiting beliefs and recognize the immense value of our craft. Whether it's through quality materials, mentorship, or strategic courses, embracing growth is the key to propelling our art careers forward.