This episode of our podcast, Art & Cocktails, features an exclusive interview with Moscow-based embroidery artist Katerina Marchenko. The self-taught artist shares how she got introduced to embroidery by taking a sewing course a few years ago and fell in love with using this medium in her own, unique way. Katerina's work features expressive and colorful depictions of animals, figures, eyes, and more on tulle.
On this episode
- We get to know Katerina's journey and how she discovered embroidery
- The importance of being kind to yourself when creating
- How she started teaching online courses
- What it's like to be an artist in Moscow today
- How you can learn embroidery from Katerina